Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accell pissed me off.

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default accell pissed me off.

I ordered a complete accell kit 77022-3 the one the sales tech told me to order with my boost and injection. they called today and said they couldnt send it because i am not certified to sell it or work on it. Instead of telling me from the begining that i couldnt even buy it they wait almost a week.
so now i have to decide on another kit looking for the whole thing computer wireing and a three bar map. does anyone have some good input about other systems.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:34 PM
FormerVendor

For a complete stand alone system, a Big Stuff 3 system is one of the big units out, there is also the AEM unit.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:40 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BigStuff3

Myself and quite a few others use it, I had a Gen7 before and had some issues (LS1 only spark related). BS3 has been absolutely trouble free and simple to get up and running and dialed in.

Call Kurt at W2W (sponsor on the right), they usually keep them in stock for LS1s but the Accell numger you gave is for the a regular chevy (non LT1 or LS1) and I'm not sure if they keep them.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

ya im not running a ls1 this is just the best informed web site about boosted camaros. thats why i posted it hear you guys make hella power.
i was talking to a guy today said to either go with the fast or the holley.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:56 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 84camaroturbo
ya im not running a ls1 this is just the best informed web site about boosted camaros. thats why i posted it hear you guys make hella power.
i was talking to a guy today said to either go with the fast or the holley.
Give Kurt at W2W a call and compare some features. He may stock the universal BS3s, its one of the things on the car I never worry about and I run the crap out of it..

The FAST and Accel for what you are doing are fine also, its a lot of cash to spend so I would do a little research on your own. Standalone's are one of those things that people are very opinionated on so spend a while researching the features/cost before diving in..
Old 03-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Staging Lane

thanks for the info the bs3 web site dont show much.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

i talked to kurt today and i will be ordering the bs3 in the morning. tried to order this afternoon but they was closed. west and east have different time zones but you dont think of that when you are ordering your parts.
ounce again thanks for the help guys and to kurt for all the info.