PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a few issues, have a few questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a few issues, have a few questions.

Here is the situation. I am using LS1 Edit and the LS1 Scan program. I am tuning a 232/236 cam. Here are the issues.

1. My LTFT's are not working according to the scanner. They worked before the new engine when i had just boltons, now they dont. The STFT's are working like they should and I am averaging at 14.7 like i should be. Dont know why the hell the LTFT' are just staying zeroed. car runs fine and fueling according to the wideband is great.

2. I am going pretty rich on decel and trims are going down to -12 trims on decel. DFCO tables are 100% stock. Any suggestions on tweaking the DFCO settings?

3. This is probably normal but I figured id ask anyway. Tip-in knock retard when under low rpm/high load conditions ie.. in 6th gear at 60MPh and take a stab at the gas pedal. No knock retard at WOT or when accelerating like you normally should. I might just desentize the knock sensors a little more too.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by brad8266
Here is the situation. I am using LS1 Edit and the LS1 Scan program. I am tuning a 232/236 cam. Here are the issues.

1. My LTFT's are not working according to the scanner. They worked before the new engine when i had just boltons, now they dont. The STFT's are working like they should and I am averaging at 14.7 like i should be. Dont know why the hell the LTFT' are just staying zeroed. car runs fine and fueling according to the wideband is great.

2. I am going pretty rich on decel and trims are going down to -12 trims on decel. DFCO tables are 100% stock. Any suggestions on tweaking the DFCO settings?

3. This is probably normal but I figured id ask anyway. Tip-in knock retard when under low rpm/high load conditions ie.. in 6th gear at 60MPh and take a stab at the gas pedal. No knock retard at WOT or when accelerating like you normally should. I might just desentize the knock sensors a little more too.
I am using HP Tuner, so I don't how similar the tables are, but here is what I did to mine. I couldn't get the DFCO to come in at all at interstate speeds in 6th gear before I did this. Now, anytime my foot leaves the throttle, DFCO will kick in. I have tried to ease back on the throttle just to see if I could feel the transition from DFCO back to normal, but I couldn't feel it. It has improved fuel mileage a ton.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks man, i am sure if I can get DFCO to kick in everytime I am off the gas my mileage will go up as well since almost all of my driving in the TA is around town.