Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM insallation question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM insallation question

I fried my old pcm I'm getting my replacement tommorrow. It is already flashed with the vin and what not. Are there any procedures or precautions I should be aware of when re-installing it. Thanks.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

should be fine. I would disconnect the negative battery cable (make sure your key is not in the ignition), and then plug in the new PCM, reconnect the battery cable and fire it up!

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com
Old 04-04-2007, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Just giving you a heads up....

If your tuning software is locked to the VIN of your car, then your new PCM won't work with your software. Even though the new PCM has your old VIN, your software is also locked to the PCM itself, not just VIN....
Old 04-04-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Billiumss
Just giving you a heads up....

If your tuning software is locked to the VIN of your car, then your new PCM won't work with your software. Even though the new PCM has your old VIN, your software is also locked to the PCM itself, not just VIN....
Correct! It needs to be flashed with the exact same file (same VIN, OS, checksum) that was on your dead/fried PCM to work (if VIN locked).
Old 04-05-2007, 02:46 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the help guys got it fired up today car is running great. Just disconnected the battery and plugged it in.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Correct! It needs to be flashed with the exact same file (same VIN, OS, checksum) that was on your dead/fried PCM to work (if VIN locked).
EFIlive locks to the serial number on the flashchip, doesn't hpt? I would assume that they would as well, and a new pcm would require a new license.

Do you want to sell your dead pcm, or did you need it as a core, I want a couple to take apart to steal the connectors from.

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 04-05-2007, 06:58 PM
12 Second Club

if you did the pcm swap you might get a p1336 code cause i did