Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??? about LS1 scanmaster.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??? about LS1 scanmaster.

I downloaded the instructions and what all the abbreveations mean, but why is it that on the tpp (throttle position percentage) mode, mine will only go to 98% ??? How come not 100%?? I checked the throttle cable and it was fine, and the floor mat wasn't in the way either. Anyone else have this??
Old 04-05-2007, 09:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a scanmaster for an LS1 and WRX and I think it does go to 100% in my Camaro. I wouldn't really worry about it too much because I believe PE mode comes in at 80% or so.

I love the scanmaster because of its portability if you just want to check up on something fast.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

search for the "bump stop mod" , if you can scan voltage that'd be better though

another option, is have someone in the car mash the throttle (car off but key in run) and use a caliper to measure the distance top of TB to TB blade and bottom of TB to TB blade... you want the TB blade to open 90* optimally, so if those two measurements are close I wouldn't worry about it... if they're off alot then prolly need to do the bump stop mod