Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Fixing P0704 Code

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 05:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Fixing P0704 Code

I recently did a clutch master cylinder install. About a week later i threw a SES code (P0704) Clutch Switch Input Circuit Malfunction. WTF is that? How do i fix this? Car runs fine still, but dont want to risk messing anything up. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:09 AM
12 Second Club

i know its an old thread, but might as well not make a new one on the same subject. i got the car back wednesday for the same replacement, then last night, thursday, the ses light came on, i got it up to autozone today, and it threw this code, along with both front o2 sensors, and the maf sensor code. so my main question is, could the clutch switch circuit be causing these other codes in some way? i mean, i really doubt that all of these things went bad at once, that makes no sense. also this started about 5 minutes after i filled up at valero, and didnt notice that it was 92 instead of 93 octane until it was already done.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:24 AM
12 Second Club

so anyone have this same problem and fix it? i would really like to know what i can do to get this damn light off
Old 09-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Teching In

The only thing I could think of for a clutch switch would be mounted near the clutch pedal inside the car. When you try to start the car with the clutch engaged I don't think it should start, there is a switch there that makes contact with a plate welded onto the pedal that tells the computer it is ok to start the car when you have the clutch pedal pushed in, I think. I would replace both front O2 sensors and clean your MAF sensor. If there is a switch behind your clutch pedal replace that too, may solve your problem. I don't think the octane of the gas caused your problems with any of this, it's not like you put 87 octane in the car instead of 93. Just my opinion though, I could be wrong.

Quick Reply: Help Fixing P0704 Code