Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Code P0101 after installing a cam on Holden Monaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Code P0101 after installing a cam on Holden Monaro

Ok brothers I need help here. Last night I have started a Holden Monaro 06 (Electronic Throttle) after installing a little big cam (Duration at 050 : 238 int./240 exh. Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.605 int./0.609 exh. lift Lobe Separation 112 ) it was great in first second then the code P0101 came out and the engine started miss firing

I've tried twice to change the MAF but still the same BS

Waiting for your reply experts
Old 04-12-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, doggone it, I was going to reply until I saw the word "expert". Darn.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What the hay. I found this on the web:
"The simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back. Then start with the cheapest, easiest repair procedures:

Inspect for the following conditions:
An incorrectly routed harness--Inspect the harness of the MAF sensor in order to verify that it is not routed too close to the following components:
- The secondary ignition wires or coils
- Any solenoids
- Any relays
- Any motors
A low minimum air rate through the sensor bore may cause this DTC to set at idle or during deceleration. Inspect for any vacuum leaks downstream of the MAF sensor.
A wide open throttle (WOT) acceleration from a stop should cause the MAF sensor g/s display on the scan tool to increase rapidly. This increase should be from 6-12 g/s at idle to 230 g/s or more at the time of the 1-2 shift. If the increase is not observed, inspect for a restriction in the induction system or the exhaust system.
The barometric pressure (BARO) that is used in order to calculate the predicted MAF value is initially based on the MAP sensor at key ON.
When the engine is running the MAP sensor value is continually updated near WOT. A skewed MAP sensor will cause the calculated MAF value to be inaccurate. The value shown for the MAP sensor display varies with the altitude. With the ignition ON and the engine OFF, 103 kPa is the approximate value near sea level. This value will decrease by approximately 3 kPa for every 305 meters (1,000 feet) of altitude.
A high resistance on the ground circuit of the MAP sensor can cause this DTC to set.
Any loss of vacuum to the MAP sensor can cause this DTC to set. "

Since a change of cam would cause a change in vacuum characteristics, as well as air intake flow patterns, it sounds like the MAP sensor table is now skewed, causing the MAF value to arrive at an incorrect value.
Just a thought.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

p0101 is a check for the MAF.... it ensures that air is within a certain range. Assuming you are logging and seeing that the MAF is actually good, goto the Engine Diag in your editor, then to airflow, and click on Maximum Delta Airflow. Play with this table by increasing it by % until you ditch the code.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
FormerVendor

bump since the database isn't working right
Old 04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Teching In

OK,a tuner solved the problem I will ask him what exactly he have done and I will post it here. But sure it was the cam specs who didn't match with the setting in the ECM.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:11 PM
FormerVendor

The table I posted is DIRECTLY responsible for setting the p0101 code if the MAF is working properly; it's the literal limits.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just got this code myself and am wondering how can I check the MAF without having tuning software?

Quick Reply: Help!! Code P0101 after installing a cam on Holden Monaro