Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaning out

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Leaning out

I got tuned a month and according to the graph I was 13.1 accross the board and pretty much the same on my Dynojet wideband but I would see about 13.4-5 on my wideband. Anyway now Im seeing as high as 14.1 and then dropping a tad to high 13's. This has me worried but I dont understand what could make start running leaner. Ive even noticed at idle it drops more to the lean side then may average 14.7ish but it will go lean here and there. At cruising its fine at a good average of 14.7. Does anyone have any idea what it could be. Do I need a retune? I started to pull my plugs today and got all on the driver side and one on the passenger side but I only had a little bit of time and had to stop, anyway they all look the same and from what I can tell normal. So it seems there all firing properely. I need to replace my fuel filter, could that cause any problems. Thanks for any advice.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Addict

Fuel filter could cause it....so could a dirty MAF, change in weather, loss in fuel pressure (pump going bad), malfunctioning/innacurate WBO2, etc. Under WOT, the car calculates fueling without feedback. So unless your fuel trims go positive during normal cruising, no extra fuel will be added to WOT. Trying to narrow down the problem is a guessing game without a scanner and some logged data. I'd suggest going back to the tuner and having him take a look. If the fueling is off, he should fix it since you paid to have it tuned (assuming it hasn't been modified since).
Old 04-23-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Resident

hmm, well I havent done any other mods since I got it tuned. I wish my damn fuel press gauge would work cause then I could see what kind of psi I was getting. The pump should be good, its only been in the car a few months. I wil clean the MAF and change out the filter first to see if that does anything.