Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lt1 edit files? where to find??

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 11:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt1 edit files? where to find??

does anybody know where i can find any lt1edit files for 97 obdII camaro. im just looking for a base tune with 42lb injectors. i only have 1.6 rr's fulllengths and rear mouont turbo im just looking for a base tune for idle and what not. im trying to tune myself so im just looking for a little help with a base map. also with running boost do i need to get a 2bar map sensor maybe out of apontiac gtp or something so it will be able to read boost and not go into some sort of failsafe mode, or can i edit that within the program
Old 04-24-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First, I would recommend spending a little money and having pcmforless email you a base tune. Let Bryan know that you'll be fine tuning from there on your own and he is usually more than willing to help with any issues you come across. Just dont expect him to hold your hand through the entire tuning process.

As far as the map sensor, yes and no. It is physically possible to install a 2 or 3bar map, but the tables in the pcm would need to be rescaled. Therefore causing a loss of at least 1/2 your resolution. These LT1 pcms are archaic enough, you dont want to loose any of the resolution you have.

Your MAF will still read grams/second up till about 8psi on an otherwise stock motor (at least mine did) before maxing the MAF tables. The pcm can provide the fueling after these two sensors max out, its just a little tricky Bryans base tune will have you close enough to figure it out though.

BTW, hope you have a wideband for self tuning... These LT1's in stock form dont take much to break when playing with boost.

Quick Reply: lt1 edit files? where to find??