Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 03:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to start?

I'd like to start tuning my own cars. But I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on the software without having some idea of what to do. Does anyone have any advice on how I should get started with my own tuning.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Well you really can't tune on your own without software of some sort, but if you just want to make an informed decision just read up in here, and other places on the net.

You always need to know the basics so your gonna be reading a whole lot.

It really depends on what you plan on doing as well.

HPtuners is said to be one of the very best and easiest programs to use both for tuning and scanning.

Sometimes it takes getting a sofware and diving right into it, ask all the questions you have when you have them and you will learn as you go.

My LS1-Edit program is great and I got a great deal on it, it may not be as easy to read and decipher, but I believe it has made my tuning knowledge stronger. Of course its been a hard road, but its been fun all the way.

I am in no way a pro tuner I am still in here asking everyday many many questions. If you ever need anything just let me know, add me to your buddy list.

Last edited by fil131; 04-23-2007 at 04:41 PM. Reason: typos
Old 04-24-2007, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tuning is definatly a large learning experiance. One way i think to help on that is, I donate a tune for your mods to you for free if you buy EFILive software from us.

Every engine combo effects things differently, and for a beginer, it can be very hard to get the general idea of what to do.

But with time, and playing, you will figure it all out. The biggest thing is to just read and play. It gets pretty addicting.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:24 AM
Launching!

I agree with everything wait4me stated plays along with all I said, I especially agree with the addicting part.