Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

carolina auto masters?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carolina auto masters?

has anyone had their tuning done by Carolina Auto Masters?
They did a mail order base tune for me until I can break in my 402 & have it
dyno tuned.I have heard alot of good things but I would rather let the jury
speak from experience.
Any thoughts?
Old 04-23-2007, 05:57 PM
9 Second Club

No direct experience with their services, but I've met a couple of guys associated with them & they were "stand up" dudes.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:57 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff is a good friend of mine; you're in good hands. Tell him I said what's up; I can never seem to catch up with him on a time that works for both of us these days. Seriously, he'll get you right and seriously tell him I said hey.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:59 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Frost
Jeff is a good friend of mine; you're in good hands. Tell him I said what's up; I can never seem to catch up with him on a time that works for both of us these days. Seriously, he'll get you right and seriously tell him I said hey.
Hey,your in Richmond.I live in Hampton.Ever heard of Joe Overton?Lethal EFI?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by pphilli1
Yessir... a king of LT1s (plus some!).
Old 04-25-2007, 06:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pphilli1

your car isnt black is it?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

I had my car tuned by jeff, and he did an awseome job and even stayed late to make sure things were right. and i made pretty good numbers.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do some more research on Jeff Creech. He's great for dyno numbers but that's where it ends. Don't expext your car to drive well around town......or backing it off the trailer for that matter. Then he will blame it on your TB, coil packs, etc.

Just remember this thread and report back to us a week after the tune. You know....when the dyno numbers wear off.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jay_99z
Do some more research on Jeff Creech. He's great for dyno numbers but that's where it ends. Don't expext your car to drive well around town......or backing it off the trailer for that matter. Then he will blame it on your TB, coil packs, etc.

Just remember this thread and report back to us a week after the tune. You know....when the dyno numbers wear off.

I travel a LOT for work, so I had CAM put in my engine and kit and get me a base tune to get my car moving (before I could tune as well) and he spent most of a week driving my car back and forth from work getting the street manners and idle right and rode around with me 2 times to make sure it acted the way I liked.

I have been back through my tune fully since then, moving up on the boost to 16psi and re-doing the fuel system. I have never re-touched any of his idle or off-idle tuning on the car as I have had no reason to whatsoever.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

I travel a LOT for work, so I had CAM put in my engine and kit and get me a base tune to get my car moving (before I could tune as well) and he spent most of a week driving my car back and forth from work getting the street manners and idle right and rode around with me 2 times to make sure it acted the way I liked.

I have been back through my tune fully since then, moving up on the boost to 16psi and re-doing the fuel system. I have never re-touched any of his idle or off-idle tuning on the car as I have had no reason to whatsoever.
Maybe it had something to do with this?
Jeff is a good friend of mine;

Most of the guys I know in SC haven't had that luck.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

Maybe it had something to do with this?

Jeff is a good friend of mine;

Most of the guys I know in SC haven't had that luck.

NO.

I didn't know him except via email 2 years ago... I was just another guy.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I will be having CAM custom grind my cam and Jeff will be doing the tuning on my car when I get home from Iraq. I have heard mostly good things about Jeff and his shop with the occasional unhappy customer.....I have gone on quite a few of the camaro forums on the east coast and the majority of the people who have had their cars tuned at CAM have been happy with their tuning
Old 04-27-2007, 11:42 AM
10 Second Club

Post up a thread in the Southern section. May get some more results.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

so are your accusations personal experience or is it all second hand knowledge because so far in this thread your the only one that seems to be bashing him and his company. If you have first hand knowledge then lets hear what ya got.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Default Cam

I have a dyno tune from those guys and yes Jeff is a great guy to deal with. He really knows his stuff, my car drove great and performed excellent especially after his tune! No complaints here!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by EDS01SS
so are your accusations personal experience or is it all second hand knowledge because so far in this thread your the only one that seems to be bashing him and his company. If you have first hand knowledge then lets hear what ya got.
Personal as far as friends of mine have went to him and had problems. I won't let him touch my car so that's as personal as I'll get. I have looked at a couple of tunes on my laptop and see what he does. They have very shitty idle and the cars die at stop lights. Pretty much all around suck on the street. His fix is to raise the idle way up and hope for the best. I'm looking at one of his tunes right now.

Now outside of my friends I have seen it posted over and over about the drivability issues. They take the car back (if they are local) and then Jeff will start saying the problem is with the car. TB, coil packs, spark plug wires, etc.

I'm glad some have had good experiences. Many haven't. The ones that have had good can post freely too. I thought some may want some of the negatives. Shoot me a PM and I can send you some links talking about his work.

I have nothing to gain from this. I haven't reccomended another place to take away his business. I don't tune except for a my car and few of my buds (and that's not for cash anyway). I just hate to see someone spend a bunch of cash and have a car they can't drive around the block.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

try out mayhem motorsports!!
Old 04-27-2007, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Personal as far as friends of mine have went to him and had problems. I won't let him touch my car so that's as personal as I'll get. I have looked at a couple of tunes on my laptop and see what he does. They have very shitty idle and the cars die at stop lights. Pretty much all around suck on the street. His fix is to raise the idle way up and hope for the best. I'm looking at one of his tunes right now.

Now outside of my friends I have seen it posted over and over about the drivability issues. They take the car back (if they are local) and then Jeff will start saying the problem is with the car. TB, coil packs, spark plug wires, etc.

I'm glad some have had good experiences. Many haven't. The ones that have had good can post freely too. I thought some may want some of the negatives. Shoot me a PM and I can send you some links talking about his work.

I have nothing to gain from this. I haven't reccomended another place to take away his business. I don't tune except for a my car and few of my buds (and that's not for cash anyway). I just hate to see someone spend a bunch of cash and have a car they can't drive around the block.
yessir!! i agree, these guys aint local so they have no clue!

Quick Reply: carolina auto masters?