Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP tuning MAF table

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 08:35 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP tuning MAF table

I'm trying to figure out how to tune the maf table without using a wideband.

I've searched and I can't seem to figure it out.

Is there a way to use a histogram in the HPtuners scanner?

Thanks
Old 04-24-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Addict

You can only tune the MAF for closed loop, which is probably in the range of 7,000Hz and under depending upon your setup. You do it just like you would do the VE if you didn't have a WB. Setup a map in the scanner just like the table in the tune (MAF in this case). Then, you need to log LTFT's+STFT's (or just STFT's if the LTFT's are turned off). Copy the results and paste/multiply half (50%) to your tune. Personally, I like to compare the new MAF to a stock table so that I can make general changes when using fuel trims. In other words, instead of having a 3% increase surrounded by two 5% increases, I'll mathematically smooth (guesstimate) all three cells to 4.5%.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Black02Z71
Is there a way to use a histogram in the HPtuners scanner?
Using a well tuned VE table, go into SD mode by setting the MAF fail freq to 0, but leaving it plugged in.

1) Log MAF Freq (Hz)
2) Log dyn airflow
3) Create a custom histogram with MAF freq on the X-axis, and use dyn airflow (g/sec) as your plot data.

Go for a thorough drive while trying to sample as many MAF frequency points as possible, switch the displacy to show the count of frames sampled on each cell, this should help you get some of those frequencies that aren't often referenced. This will build you a very nice baseline and you can fine tune frequency ranges of interest from there.