Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jacked up computer???

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default jacked up computer???

So the guy that I had do my cam/heads swap forgot to hook a ground up to my engine. The car started for awhile and then as if for no reason it stopped attempting to crank. Well one of my buddies and myself went out to troubleshoot the issue. We figured out that the engine was apparently not grounded. We grounded the motor and then the car had no problems firing up. So recently I took my car in to have it dyno'd and my tuner is telling me that my computer is fried. I explained the entire situation to him about the engine ground and he told me that my computer probably fried because everything that runs through my computer was in need of a ground, but since the engine was not grounded it caused the issues with my computer. Does this sound true? Any suggestions? I am about at my witts end. After this entire situation gets resolved I will never take any of my vehicles to a private installer again!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

yeah its a good possibility that your computer is screwed up but im surprised it runs at all now if the tuner is saying its fried.Every fried computer I have dealt with wouldt let the car do anything
Old 04-24-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it possible that only certain aspects of the computer are fried? For instance the mass air sensor cannot be calibrated at all. Matter of fact my tuner told me that it currently makes no difference wether my mass air is plugged in or not. My mass air is not the only thing that does not work. There are about 4 or 5 things that do not work and cannot be dialed in due to this issue. I was just curious whether or not it could possibly be something other than the computer causing these issues?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Check the Eng Sens fuse under the hood.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thinking the same thing, the 02's are on that circuit too? Something easy to check.