PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have installation pics of an LC-1 wideband, controller and gauge.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Does anyone have installation pics of an LC-1 wideband, controller and gauge.

I just got my LC-1 with the square gauge and was wondering if anyone had already installed this wideband and taken any pics of the install. I tried looking in Install University, but could not find anything on this. Three quick questions the instructions instruct you to connect the brown wire and controllers red wire to a switched 12v power source. Does this mean like the defrost button??? Next the Led and calibration button, what exactly is free air calibration, and do I need to install this switch? Last, but not least where does everyone place the controller underneath the car? Sorry for all the questions guys..

Last edited by Tirefire; 08-22-2006 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can tell you alot of people have installed this, and there are alot of discussions on it.

I would read this thread and this thread for starters, and then search for LC-1,LC1 etc to get familiar with the wiring.
As of right now I don't think any one person agrees as to how it should be wired to work perfectly.
Some it has worked for straight out the box, others (like myself) had to get RMA's and replace the unit. that may or may not be our fault, but I know when they replace the units, they are bulking up some of the electronic circuitry to handle some grounding issues better. Something to do with voltage spikes while cranking or some such

Right now, I'm going to try grounding to the back of both heads, one on the drivers side, and one on the passenger side head. these seem to be popular, and advised by the Innovative people.

I am mounting mine on the transmission mount brace thingey with zip ties, and a couple little adhesive pads.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

1) Switched power means a power source the goes on/off with the ignition source.
2) Free Air calibration is very important to the operation of the LC-1. The calibration switch and LED aren't 100% necessary, but they will help alot to diagnose problems when they come up.
3) I have mine in the battery box, on the passenger side of the car.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Addict

if you have tcs then you can splice onto that. are you hooking this up to hpt or efi?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
if you have tcs then you can splice onto that. are you hooking this up to hpt or efi?

Hey Nino,

Do you have three seperate grounds? All in the same area? Or can I ground 2 at the same place and the other somewhere else?

Thanks Man,
Jason
Old 04-27-2007, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blown Interceptor
Hey Nino,

Do you have three seperate grounds? All in the same area? Or can I ground 2 at the same place and the other somewhere else?

Thanks Man,
Jason
Ground the main ground from the LC1 (blue) by itself on a good ground spot. The others can share a ground but I wouldn't put more than 2 grounds together.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by My90Iroc
Ground the main ground from the LC1 (blue) by itself on a good ground spot. The others can share a ground but I wouldn't put more than 2 grounds together.

I was lucky and found a bolt that will work on my passenger head.