PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCM trouble help!!!!

Old 05-06-2007, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM trouble help!!!!

I have a 5.3 in my 66 truck that I recently had the wiring harness and the PCM reworked for my truck. The guy was supposed to disable the rear O2's and several other emmision controls. My check engine light has been on since I got the truck back and it loads up at idle after it has set for a couple of minutes. It runs fine when your cruising just loads up at idle. I took it too the best shop in my area that is owned by a guy who has done several LS1 conversions. He scanned the Computer and it showed rear O2 bank codes along with several other emmisions codes. Did the mail order tune guy not get it done? I wouldnt think if they were disabled that the codes would show up. We even reset the PCM and ran the codes again just to double check but no luck. If I need another tune who do you guys suggest? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w110/1sick66/
Old 05-06-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just send it back to who tuned it and tell them they need to fix it...

I can set it up for your mods for 75. Including a Perf tune.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Teching In

Thanks wait I sent the guy who did the work an email if I dont like what he says I will give you a call thanks.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Teching In

The guy who did my tune has agreed to re-do it. Turns out he at the time was farming out the tune work and all he did in house was the harness work. They now do their own tuning and he let me know that all of his work comes with a lifetime warranty. Great Guys to work with.

Search this Thread