Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speed density newb

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question speed density newb

what's the deal with speed density tuning?? what are the pros vs. maf?? i know that i'm prob gonna need a SD setup because of my planned setup (427 twin turbo ~900+ rwhp) but i don't know a damn thing about it. search turned up nothing.

do SD setups automatically adjust for changes in temp/humidity/elevation??
will i need different tunes for each boost level (5psi and 15psi) or can i just dump in the boost and it will compensate - could have sworn i read that somewhere and it sounded too good to be true (but would be awsome if it was lol)

basically, like the thread title says, i'm a SD newb - what can you guys tell me. thanx for anything you can give
Old 05-27-2007, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

x2 subscribing
Old 05-27-2007, 11:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

If properly tuned, an SD tune doesn't require any changes for temp or elevation. Also if properly tuned, an SD tune can be setup for maximum boost, then be perfect for any lesser boost. This does, however, require extensive tuning in a variety of weather conditions. Most people never go to the trouble to properly set up their IAT modifiers, hence all the threads you read about retuning for weather.
Old 05-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS101
search turned up nothing.
That's hilarious. In the church of LSx based vehicles known as "LS1tech" there lies an ongoing heated debate that rivals the differences between Catholics and Protestants and Muslims...SD vs. MAF (Read the stickies.)

This is tantamount to saying "What's this HP Tuners vs. EFI Live thingy? I searched and didn't find anything."

Try again newbs.

Or I can provide a speaking engagement for a fee...