Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Texas speed mail order tune"

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Texas speed mail order tune"

I'm getting a ms4 from texas speed soon. I was going to send them my computer to get it tuned. How close would they be able to get it with out the dyno. I fiqured they would have a good program for the cam, does any know if there good or not? Or should I just get it dyno tuned?
Old 05-27-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

GM sends a generic tune with every car sold, and they run OK. However, a custom tune tends to find more HP on almost every car. Apply this same theory to a good aftermarket tuner shop.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:23 AM
FormerVendor

How "close" a mail order tune can get depends on a few things - mainly how many cars they tuned on the dyno with that configuration, and how close your car is to the setup they tuned.

In most cases, paying for the dyno tune will yield better results because you're using a structured feedback process for dialing in the tune. This is true even if your car is totally stock because the factory tunes leave room for improvement. But dyno time is expensive, and sometimes it's hard to find a dyno shop nearby, or a tuner if the area.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Thanks guys
Old 05-28-2007, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Mail Order Tune

I got a Mail Order Tune from Charlie @ RPM. When we spoke I told him what I was adding and he gave me a tune based on past experiences. These guy's do this all the time.

Bob K.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:08 PM
Launching!

A friend of mine got a mail order tune from TSP, and I've been helping him do some fine tuning for his set up. But, compared to some other mail-tunes I've seen, TSP did a fairly fine job. Odds are they can't mess with the VE and MAF tables too much, but they do a good job, IMO.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:26 PM
Launching!

Thanks chris
Old 05-29-2007, 07:44 AM
Staging Lane

Default Mail order tune

Originally Posted by matthewjosh
I'm getting a ms4 from texas speed soon. I was going to send them my computer to get it tuned. How close would they be able to get it with out the dyno. I fiqured they would have a good program for the cam, does any know if there good or not? Or should I just get it dyno tuned?
Jeff Creech at Carolina Auto Masters did an excellent job on my mail order
tune.Car still needs a dyno tune but it's damn close.Excellent job.
http://www.carolinaautomasters.com/
Old 05-29-2007, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mail order tunes are ok but not the best way. I have a mail order tune from Charlie also and as you can see in the video it runs very rich. I would have to say there is alot of power that is being held back due to the rich condition. It smells very gassy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPQxqOD7Qfg
Old 05-29-2007, 09:00 AM
12 Second Club

I got a mail order tune from TSP and I think they did an excellent job. I have a small cam with a 118.5 LSA and it idles like stock (like the cam should), they deleted all codes for the supporting mods, i.e. LT's, no air pump, egr, etc. I couldn't ask for it to run any better, and it doesn't run rich either. Well worth the money when compared to a tuner that, if you do not have any experience with, can completely screw your car up. The guys at TSP will at least get it very close. I think you will be happy with it.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Launching!

"Thank you all", I think I 'll give them a try if they don't get it right I think you can send it back within a year.

Quick Reply: "Texas speed mail order tune"