Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bolt on/Stock Tune

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bolt on/Stock Tune

OK theres a new local shop in the area that ive heard does good work. There offering a special right now for a bolt on dyno tune for $250. All I have is a lid and catback and free mods but that will probally be it for a while. I wanted to get my car dynoed soon so taht would be 80ish by itself. Any of you guys even get a tune on a relativly stock car and what kinda gains did you see? and did it hurt your MPGs too bad? Im figuring id pick up around 10 HP or so with the tune.

Any imput in greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Craig
Old 05-30-2007, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

Ive seen alot og guys pick up around 10-15hp on a completly stock car!!! some people pick up more hp than others due to the kind of tune that there cars came with from the factory!! if i was you id save my money for biger mods, you dont need a tune. once you get headers and intake ex.... then you will need one!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
OK theres a new local shop in the area that ive heard does good work. There offering a special right now for a bolt on dyno tune for $250. All I have is a lid and catback and free mods but that will probally be it for a while. I wanted to get my car dynoed soon so taht would be 80ish by itself. Any of you guys even get a tune on a relativly stock car and what kinda gains did you see? and did it hurt your MPGs too bad? Im figuring id pick up around 10 HP or so with the tune.

Any imput in greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Craig
Might as well. It shouldn't affect gas mileage too much. They pretty much focus on WOT only (aside from maybe deleting a few codes and changing fan settings) for just a stock/bolt-ons car. As stated above, 10hp is a respectable number. Given you'd like a dyno run anyway, that 10hp is going to cost you $170. Dollar per hp, that's not much more than the lid.