Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting 0300 code. help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Getting 0300 code. help

OK, well, You may call me stupid after reading this , but we all make mistakes. About a week ago I thought I got bad gas from chevron so I went to the store and bought 2 octane boosters. I put both in my car and now my torque convertor wont lock up and my car wont idle nor run and also the rpms are jumping up and down while driving..Slower then A civic at this point. Now after putting a complete new tank of gas.. MY car is still running terrible and still throwing this code. any suggestions?

Thanks Landon
Old 06-09-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you setting an SES Light? If so, what are the codes?

And don't use octane booster again ... kills spark plugs if used enough, and overall waste of money

try resetting the PCM temporary memory... pull the PCM Bat and PCM IGN fuses with key in run position... toggle key run stop run stop a few times (not sure if this is necessary but I do it), replace fuses.. it'll idle poor since it has to relearn idle and fuel trims...
Old 06-09-2007, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes I am setting the SES light .. I unplugged the battery yesterday and it ran good for a min or two then went back to missing again. let me go try that and Ill get back with you