Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Several engine codes...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Several engine codes...

99 Z - mods below in sig. I was driving around the other day and the engine light popped on. I hooked up my scanner and got a 02 bank 1 sensor 1 heater code. (sorry i dont remember the actual code #). So i clear it and its fine.

The next day i am driving and i get another engine light. I check it and it is for Knock sensor 1 low input. I clear this one also. Next time i start my car and drive it a little ways i get a random misfire code.

Every since then, every time i start my car i get the knock sensor code again. The car seems to drive fine, no other problems at all. I have never had the light come on at all, now i have 3 seperate codes! Car has no noticable loss of power or driveability issues.

Any ideas on where to start? Thanks, Jeff
Old 06-11-2007, 06:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets try this one over here.
Old 06-11-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

well, maybe you got some wires messed up or something. pull your intake off and check under it at the Knock sensors and their wires. what happend to me one time was that after washing the engine and such, water seeped under the intake and sit there...flowed into the Knock sensor and it wasn't sealed..it started to rust..got the Knock sensor SES light, pulled the intakje off and check it all out. replaced intake seals and added silicon to seal the Knock sensor boots better
Old 06-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
well, maybe you got some wires messed up or something. pull your intake off and check under it at the Knock sensors and their wires. what happend to me one time was that after washing the engine and such, water seeped under the intake and sit there...flowed into the Knock sensor and it wasn't sealed..it started to rust..got the Knock sensor SES light, pulled the intakje off and check it all out. replaced intake seals and added silicon to seal the Knock sensor boots better
Hmm... well thanks for the suggestion but i doubt it is water related. I do not drive the car in the rain, nor do i wash the engine down. I had an LT1 with the opti - so through habit, water has stayed away from the engine as much as possible! I guess i have always just stuck with that theory.

Would a low input knock sensor code be caused by a faulty sensor or should i start tracing wires making sure nothing is shorted out?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Launching!

And another easy question. Which knock sensor is #1 - the front one correct?
Old 06-11-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hazard2k
And another easy question. Which knock sensor is #1 - the front one correct?
Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

you still might want to check it...pull the intake off and check it, won't take you but about 2hrs total
Old 06-12-2007, 07:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
you still might want to check it...pull the intake off and check it, won't take you but about 2hrs total

yes, but you dont know me.. When i take the intake off, I think to myself.. "Hmm.. I am that much closer to sapping those heads out..." and so my knock sensor job turns into a 2 grand project!

I did some more research and found out that knock senors are very common problems on these so i will order a new one and swap it out. Anyone know how much they go for and the best place to get one? Thanks, Jeff