Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help ASAP with missfire/bog

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 04:54 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help ASAP with missfire/bog

guys i need your help urgently with a problem i 'm having with my camaro. i have a championship race coming up and i have no clue what is wrong with the car.
here is the problem, when starting the car it runs rough for a bit and doesn't want to idle , i have to hold the throttle a bit to keep it idleing and you can hear a miss. after i pull in the burnout box and strt the burnout, the car hesitates and misfires at part throttle and doesn't want to pass 4k rpm , some times even at wide open throttle. after the burnout i pull to the line and stall it a bit to 2500 rpm and as soon as i launch it bogs badly and hesitates during the 1st 60 feet. after that if i blip the throttle a few times it might clear up and pull like a **** or just keep on missfiring ( part throttle or WOT) .

the annoying thing is that 2 weeks befor this incident the car rin fine, all i did was swap the lifters. here is the combo :
427 Ls7 with huge cam (.630+ lift and 240+ duration)
8.7 compression with 12 psi procharger running C16 gas.

the whole engine harness and pcm were swapped and the problem still was there. i tried new coils and coil harnesses with no affect as well as new pligs and wires. i also tried to swal the wires on the cam sensor to see if i had a bad extension and that made the car not idle at all and pop plus the rpm guage didn't work.

this thing is driving me out of my mind! the worse part is that it is soooo inconsistant.
any one have any suggestions?
Old 06-13-2007, 03:31 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any one ?? any ideas or leads to follow??