Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no start

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no start

Hey guys i need some help. I have a 98z all stock with 24,000 miles i hardly ever drve the car. Took it to work the other day and when i was leaving it cranked for about 10 sec before it fired. It then started with no other problems. Then i was driving home and it shut down like you turned the key off, would not fire back up so i coasted into a parking lot and kept trying to crank no start still. Went under hood to see if i had fuel pressure at the shradder valve and i did. Got back into car cleaned the key on my shirt and it started. Then today went out to start and just cranks. Tried both keys and still no start. I did a search and it came up with nothing , any help would be appreciated... thanks Curt

don't know if this is right forum or not sorry
Old 06-13-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

sounds like a fuel problem to me. I know you said you checked the schrader valve for fuel, but did you put a gauge on there?

I've heard of fuel pumps dying from running out of gas. Or maybe a clogged fuel filter. May be a couple of issues due to lack of driving. Heck, maybe its bad/old gas
Old 06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Teching In

thanks for the reply. i did not put a gauge on it. i was thinking fuel too but it did not sputter when it stalled i just shut off like you turned the key off. I was thinking it was a passkey problem but not sure.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess it could be something to do with vats, but doesn't vats effect the fuel pump relay or something like that.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:23 PM

Sounds like you may have a key problem. Check the wires going into the ignition switch. Maybe one is broken and if it sits alot then maybe you have a pest problem?
Old 06-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Teching In

thanks guys, i think i will pull the ignition switch out this weekend and check the wires. Curt