Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"unable to connect to vcm"

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 10:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "unable to connect to vcm"

I am having trouble connecting to my vcm. I have already connected to it and adjusted the tune. I went to start the car and the ignition clicked, shut off, and reset itself. I turned off the VATS in the tune and thought that that might be the problem so I tried to connect the hp tuners and link up the VATS again. I hooked everything up and it said "Unable to connect to vcm. Check connections and make sure the key is in the run position." I double checked everything and still the same error. I then proceeded to check all of my fuses. They were all good. I also tried deleting the cgf file, still no good. The battey has plenty of voltage. Just to make sure the software was working right, I hooked it up to my freinds 99 SS and it read it just fine. When the mpvi is connected to the obdII it has power. I descided to connect my dtc reader and it linked just fine and returned no codes. I am at a complete loss as to why I am having this problem. I really need some help!! Thanks in advance!!

By the way I did not have the scanner open while trying to connect to vcm. I have tried everything that I can think of!

Quick Reply: "unable to connect to vcm"