PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! Lost tune? (I read the sticky that says it can't happen)

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 01:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HELP!! Lost tune? (I read the sticky that says it can't happen)

I just had my car tuned and idle was set at around 950rpm. I cranked it up this morning and it would not hold idle at all. It drove fine 450 miles home and didn't have a problem with idle. I cranked it back up and still had the same problem. It then threw the check gauges and service engine soon lights...I plugged in my predator and it was throwing code p0507 (idle higher than expected)???? WTF? It was tuned on the dyno. Can I use the predator to view other engine parameters (like rev limiter since I know what it was set at on the dyno to see if it has changed) without saving them or messing up my tune? It seems to have the stock tune on it now...???

Last edited by Lythropus; 06-17-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You didn't lose your tune - something else is going on. I'd look up the diagnostics for P0507. I've used my predator to read/clear current codes and look at real time data on other tuned cars with no problems (even works on my neighbor's Saturn) - but don't think it has the ability to look at your tune though. Call your tuner and see what they recommend.
Old 06-17-2007, 02:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, more than likely you've got a mechanical issue of some sort at this point. Possibly an iac problem, vacuum line issue, etc.