Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

can't tune my car

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question can't tune my car

01 trans am, I have taken my car to two places to get a tune and they have not been able to. They said they can get the info from my car but then they can not put the new info in. One guy said something about the VIN numbers not matching. What can I do, is there any solt'n because I just began modding and I will probably stop if I can not tune the car. I would appreciate the help.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Odd, never heard of that?

I will tune it for you if you send me your pcm for your mods, or you can buy the tuning software from me, and i will set it up for your mods for free.

Efilive will work for sure.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by wait4me
Odd, never heard of that?

I will tune it for you if you send me your pcm for your mods, or you can buy the tuning software from me, and i will set it up for your mods for free.

Efilive will work for sure.
+1 for Jesse...he's a good guy to deal with.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

i bet your vin/os don't match that's why it will not let you down load the changes i've had that problem, all you have to do is take it to the dealer so they can reflash your pcm and you'll be ready to start tuning or if youhave a friend wiht a tech 2 scanner they can do it as well.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually, from my research, I think that HPtuners has the ability to change the VIN numbers and reflash the OS to fix problems like this. At least it appears the newest version does.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...68&postcount=2

AT least that seems like what you are talking about. BUT...I am totally new to tuning and havnt actually ordered my hptuners yet because I am without a laptop at the moment.

Fry
Old 06-18-2007, 03:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah if your tuners are using hptuners you must have a Valid VIN/OS combination.

You can always check this via GM's SPS site http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

Since we go by GM's protocol rather then making up our own you'd need to have valid information in your pcm.

This can be accomplished with a tech 2 or just flashing in a valid vin/OS combination into your pcm using our software.