PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would cause LTFT Bank 2 to always read -100?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What would cause LTFT Bank 2 to always read -100?

I am working on my car for SD tuning as outlined in the Tuning documents at the front of this section, using LT1Edit to program, s/w AutoTap V3.10 with enhanced parameters, h/w ATU USB for scanning.
For some time now, both LTFTs have read about the same, so I stopped watching LTFT Bank 2. This week, I started watching it, and it is always set to -100. LTFT Bank 1 appears normal. I did multiple runs, just to verify that it was not a fluke. I then loaded a previous ECM file, which had worked just fine. It also shows -100 on just LTFT Bank 2.
Any clues would be appreciated.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Try deleting that pid and re-inserting it. It is a known glitch when scanning some cars. Good luck!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
I am working on my car for SD tuning as outlined in the Tuning documents at the front of this section, using LT1Edit to program, s/w AutoTap V3.10 with enhanced parameters, h/w ATU USB for scanning.
For some time now, both LTFTs have read about the same, so I stopped watching LTFT Bank 2. This week, I started watching it, and it is always set to -100. LTFT Bank 1 appears normal. I did multiple runs, just to verify that it was not a fluke. I then loaded a previous ECM file, which had worked just fine. It also shows -100 on just LTFT Bank 2.
Any clues would be appreciated.
I am having a similar problem. Have you tried unplugging the O2 sensor to see if it reads the same. When I do mine it reads the same as if they are hooked up. Here is my thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=732026&page=2
Old 06-21-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Try deleting that pid and re-inserting it. It is a known glitch when scanning some cars. Good luck!
O.K. I have deleted the pid in AutoTap and re-inserted it. AT is quite finicky, IMHO, so I can believe in the glitch. I am going out for another session to see if this solved the issue.
I also went out for another data logging session prior to these posts, and it was still at -100. I then plugged the MAF back in and deleted the DTC. It then went down, so I thought it was fixed. However, upon reviewing the log file, what it actually did was go down to -4 and stick there.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 94-6spd
I am having a similar problem. Have you tried unplugging the O2 sensor to see if it reads the same. When I do mine it reads the same as if they are hooked up. Here is my thread.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=732026&page=2
I haven't done that yet. I will try it if the other suggestion does not work (I read your thread, btw. Thanks for the info.) Since the car only has 38k miles on it, I would be shocked if the O2 sensor is bad. But not completely, since it is 10+ years old.
Old 06-21-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Problem solved

Originally Posted by 12secSS
Well, I tried the same config file with the new pid, and it still did it. So I loaded a config file that I had used previously and started a new log file. Upon returning home, LTFT Bank 2 is now updating. Thanks a bunch, 12secSS.