PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation/Cutting out during first couple minutes of driving & funky idle

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hesitation/Cutting out during first couple minutes of driving & funky idle

Hello there,

I have a very odd hesitation. I think this might have happened after I washed my engine, but the hesitation has been so random, like it went away for a few days, then came back, I don't know if it is because of washing my engine, anyways, let me describe it.

Pretty much every time I drive my car for the first couple minutes, it cuts out, hard. I can be on the gas and then see the rpm's jump down then come back up. Like going to work in the morning, it does that for the first couple of minutes, then goes away. And now it's starting to happen after the car is warmed up too. Oh, and when it hesitates, most of the time I can put the clutch in and see the rpm's at about ~1500-2000 rpms, sometimes surging and sometimes constant.

Only codes I'm throwing are- p0118, which I've had for about 1.5 months, and I've had the hesitation for only a couple of weeks. I was at one point throwing p0133 and p0153 (I think those are the codes for the 2 front o2 sensors), but after fixing my MAF, they went away. Oh, and looking at my gauge cluster, my volts don't seem to be consistent anymore. Like in the morning you can see the needle flickering a bit, and when I was getting off the exit to go to work, I saw the volts at about ~12.5. Here are my theories:

-O2 sensors (even though i'm not throwing a code???)
-Alternator going bad
-Fuel pump relay
-Dirty fuel pump sock (Walbro 255)
-Dirty fuel filter

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Sounds like a developing vacuum leak or bad ground.

Try retightening the ground at the back of the DS head and see if your problem goes away.