PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U1000 Help

Old 06-29-2007, 09:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U1000 Help

Alright so heres a story. I go to the dealership i bought my car from cause they have free car washes, they wash my car yada yada, i go to leave the lot and accelerate, my tcs kicks in and car jerks back as usual if tcs is on, however that wasnt the end of it.... the whole car shuts off at this point, i pull to the side, cant get the car started for the life of me, I got a ride home and went back with EFI live on laptop read the codes, getting 3 codes(all variations of U1000) so i try clearing the codes, doesnt do anything, try reprogramming with saved file, nothing, so my car wont start now its at the dealership(in their parking lot). They want 60-100$ just to diagnose it, looking for someone with previous knowledge or reasons to believe something!

Tests done so far: full throttle turn over(maybe flooded?) no luck
no throttle, no luck
partial throttle, no luck
did not smell fuel but its allergy season......
under assumption of fuel problem, looking for somebody with fuel gauge in area to verify.

Primary question: should i get it towed to my house and try to diagnose myself? or do i have them do it.... also wanting info on the code or previous history.

also found this link with some explaination of why u1000 codes may be throwing?
http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd2n.html
Old 06-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

They "washed" it and now you are having a pcm failure and they have the nerve to charge you for a diagnosis? Is this a GM dealership? I would be heading for the Service Mgrs. office. Oh yeah, yada yada.

Last edited by Doc; 06-29-2007 at 11:03 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:33 PM
12 Second Club

yes the car got almost to the end of the dealer lot on the frontage road....
Old 06-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Did you pull the neg cable or batt fuse to try to reset this condition? If the car was fine before I would stick with the "what the hell did you do to my car routine."

The "U" codes point to the pcm>serial bus and with a total catastrophic failure in lieu of the "wash" I would be looking real hard at those pcm connectors.

Did they "detail" or "flood" the engine bay as well?

Seems like a "Free" carwash isn't all that it's cracked up to be. I'd just as soon turn over washing/detailing over to a real pro, if I didn't have the time and had the money to do so.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:45 PM
12 Second Club

it was just a drive thru car wash thing, they take the car, drive through, and give the keys back, did it many times in the past but now all of a sudden it dies as soon as it leaves....
Old 06-30-2007, 03:14 PM
12 Second Club

well i had them take a look at it, they cleared the codes and said it ran, i drove it home after they cleared the codes..... only 112$ for them to do that... which i would have thought efilive would have taken care of.... i'm not very happy, although it is driving again.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

U1000 is a generic communication code, it could be anything.It could be a problem with any of the onboard computers not being able to talk to the master. You would need to see which module is not responding with a state of health message on the network. Sounds to me like you have a water intrusion problem.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind me asking, what dealership was this at?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was going to say just let it sit there for a day ot two to dry out completely, clear the code and go on your way. Sounds like water is getting somewhere it shouldn't. Wasting money sucks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: U1000 Help