PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help, Limp Mode, Security, BCM?? Whats going on

Old 07-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help, Limp Mode, Security, BCM?? Whats going on

Hey everyone let me give u the exact story so nothing is overlooked and i am BEYOND stumped by theway

I have a 1993 Camaro Z-28 Automatic, With a Shiftkit, 4:10 gears, SLP Loudmouth, K&n CAI.
I race drag racing at norwalk running nice consistant 13.6's and had a great day, on the way home i dont know if this effects anything i hit a pothole and it was like my car choked.
right away the Speedmeter went to Zero, it will not move.
The motor will not revv past 3000 RPM, It seems to hit a limiter of some sort it seems, i have accurate fuel pressure and spark to all cylinders. The car starts right up and idles choppy, when u give it gas it almost dies, you must baby it.
Now, the part i need help on
I take of the lower lap cooler today because NO computer whether it be the Tech 2, Snap on Brick, or the tool which makes the light flash are succesful in reading my computer..So i go to look and see this MESS of wires, it seems now obviously the car has a crazy alarm system.but its Gm goodwrench material. Right away i noticed the a little black box with a lgiht on it. Whenever u bump something near it, it flashes, whenever u give the car gas it flashes, It must be a sensor of some sort,
As you can see this doesnt look like its done right i know, i didnt do it but now im cornered in a place where i cant drive my car because of it.
After ruling out Fuel pump and optispark i now can clearly see its a computer/alarm/wiring problem. I think the car is armed or in a limp mode, its simply being restricted. The flashing light that ONLY flashes when you touch a part nearby or the gas must be telling a main computer orsomething that the car is being tampered with..

Anyone ever seen this type setup before? Does anyone know whats going on here..Is there a such Limp mode like im thinking, that would almost tell the car not to do certain things like give speedometer reading or a revv limiter?

This sucks although i have a m6 convertible t/a that i drive everyday, this car is my take to the strip beater and i love it. HELP please! Maybe im blowing this out of proportion but anything would help.
Attached Thumbnails Please Help, Limp Mode, Security, BCM?? Whats going on-100_4954.jpg   Please Help, Limp Mode, Security, BCM?? Whats going on-100_4956.jpg   Please Help, Limp Mode, Security, BCM?? Whats going on-100_4955.jpg  
Old 07-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Teching In

Anyone got anything? lol i need to get back to the track!
Old 07-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Your alarm system may have set itself to valet-mode, thus limiting your RPM. Google the alarm brand for instructions on how to program it, or just try cutting the power to the alarm.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No communication??? Open up the ECM and snap a picture of the prom carrier.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Umm can u give me more detail there? i will just whats a prom carrier?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please Help, Limp Mode, Security, BCM?? Whats going on