Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stalls when put in gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalls when put in gear

I just installed a new cam,(its not a stock tune) The Hellion cam,243-247,629-629 112 LSA.I got it to idle pretty good in neutral,It hunts for idle alittle then settles down, But when I put it in gear it stalls out.If I give it alittle throttle it will stay running,And if I ease off the throttle it stays running in gear,So I'm assuming it wants more air.What can I adjust so it doesn't stall out when I put it in gear just to get me going so I can do an auto VE.I tried a few things and nothing seems to work.I have EFILive. 97 C5 w/ a LS7 short block,Patriot Perf heads,90/90,3500 stall,3.73's..................Paul
Old 07-07-2007, 02:42 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The lucky 97-98 Vette.

First thing I would do is raise the idle AIR table 10%. Seams to help Vette's alot.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
The lucky 97-98 Vette.

First thing I would do is raise the idle AIR table 10%. Seams to help Vette's alot.
Yea, I know what ya mean about the 97-98's.They are not that bad though.But after 8 hours I finally got to idle ingear. What a PITA.I tried everything.Finally narrowed it down to desired airflow & I don't know if it has anything to do with idle but I messed with IAC Effective area View My Video Thats idling in park.Thanks Slowhawk.............Paul
Old 07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would you mind posting your direct airflow table?
Old 07-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 2002_Z28_Six_Speed
Would you mind posting your direct airflow table?
I'm still having a few problems.Believe it or not I'm using my stock Direct air flow table and I lowered RPM Low Drive about 10% And I zeroed out 0rpm to 60rpm.I have this posted in EFILive forum"Having Park to drive problems again.I got to idle in park/neutral no problem,If I hold the throttle alittle when putting it ingear it will idle ingear fine.I can go back & forth to park or neutral to ingear with no problem all day,Its when I shut the car off and start it again and go from park to ingear it stalls.I raised Desired airflow but it seems to get worse,It shuts off quicker.I have tried almost everything and just can't seem to figure it out.Anybody have any idea's.................Paul"
Old 07-10-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Veteran

I maybe am shooting in the dark but can you increase the desired shift time from N to D? Maybe that will buy the IAC motor time to adjust?
Old 07-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Launching!

I maybe am shooting in the dark but can you increase the desired shift time from N to D? Maybe that will buy the IAC motor time to adjust?
I don't have that parameter.I was thinking today the traction control might be kicking in.I'll turn it off and see what happen's.I'm going to try a few more things tonight.....................Paul
Old 07-16-2007, 03:15 PM
TECH Veteran

I saw some tables that might help the other day.

{B3629} Park to Drive Enrichment
Upon detecting a park/neutral to drive gear selection, value is subtracted from the commanded fuel EQ Ratio

There are a couple of other tables there for decay that you might want to play around with.

I bet that might help you out a litte.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Launching!

I saw some tables that might help the other day.

{B3629} Park to Drive Enrichment
Upon detecting a park/neutral to drive gear selection, value is subtracted from the commanded fuel EQ Ratio

There are a couple of other tables there for decay that you might want to play around with.

I bet that might help you out a litte.
I got it to idle ingear FINALLY!!,When I first start it and put it ingear I help it out alittle with throttle pedal and after that its good to go.I can go in & out of gear all day long, with no problems..I raced on Saturday at Englishtown Raceway Park and did not have any problems with idle,Even after my burnout didn't even want to stall.Pulled up to the line with no bucking or surging I even got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home for about 20min,Had the A/C blasting,Water temp was 230* and oil temp was 247* and it idled fine just sitting there.Thanks for your replies................Paul