Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 weird codes on a new turbo car

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2 weird codes on a new turbo car

i drove it for the first time tonight and didnt get into boost or anything, after about 5 minutes of driving the car just started bucking like crazy, if i gave it any amount of gas it would just buck and shutter like hell

so i let the car sit for 3 hours, when i started it back up it was fine again then right before i got home it started again!

it pulled 2 of the same codes both time, P0300 - random mutiple cylinder missfire

and a weird one ive never seen before, bank 2 fuel system to lean (i think it said bank 2)

ive been working on this car for 10 month and now this is eating me up inside, please can somebody help me!

i thought it might be a loose spark plug wire but it wasnt, and that wouldnt explain the fuel system lean thing

also i have a wide band and it ddint show the motor going to lean, although at idle it was at 17.1 instead of 14.1
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the po300 is a result of the lean bank 02 reading. focus on the fuel problem. misfires can be caused by no spark or no fuel. start from the tank and work your way forward making sure your fuel system is working properly. if you cant do this, take it somewhere. once all of the fuel system checks out, have it tuned, even if you have already. mechanical failures cannot be compensated by the computer. goodluck.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
the po300 is a result of the lean bank 02 reading. focus on the fuel problem. misfires can be caused by no spark or no fuel. start from the tank and work your way forward making sure your fuel system is working properly. if you cant do this, take it somewhere. once all of the fuel system checks out, have it tuned, even if you have already. mechanical failures cannot be compensated by the computer. goodluck.
my fuel pressure gauge was reading kinda low, would that be enough to do that?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

find out why your gauge was low. if your car isnt getting the proper amount of fuel, it's not going to run right at all. you most likely have a mechanical failure somewhere in the fuel system.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

car still hesitates, and i checked the spark plug wires and the 02s are both good