Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B1001 What code is this???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default B1001 What code is this???

Well I got my car tuned yesterday after the head/cam install. My SES light came on so I wanted the tuner to check it out. It came out to be this code and we were not familiar with it. We think it is some kind of restraint code. I didn't mess with any of the air bags or anything like that. I just installed heads, cam, intake, lifters, pushrods, injectors, and poly motor and tranny mounts. Any suggestions would be great!!!
Old 07-30-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

OK, it wasn't even on some of the sites but I managed to find it on one. It says "Infl Rest System Indicator Circuit Malfunction."

What this means, I have no clue. Any help would be great.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

here is a copy of what came up with HP tuners:

[Restraints] B1001 - Option Configuration Error (History) (Immature)
[HUD] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
[Restraints] U1000 - Class 2 Communication Malfunction (History) (Immature)
[Restraints] U1016 - Loss of Class 2 Communication with VCM (History) (Immature)

Continuous Tests
Misfire: Complete
Fuel System: Complete
Comprehensive Component: Complete

Once Per Trip Tests
Catalyst: Complete
Heated Catalyst: n/a
Evaporative System: Incomplete
Secondary Air System: Complete
A/C System Refrigerant: n/a
Oxygen Sensor: Incomplete
Oxygen Sensor Heater: Incomplete
EGR System: Complete
Old 07-30-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

B1001 = "Option configuration error" set by the Body Control Module.

But this DTC is not defined for your car, so I don't know how you're getting it.

Edit: oh, I see it under the Restraints section as pointed out by the next poster...

Last edited by joecar; 07-30-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, it's a restraint code. From my helms: DTC B1001 is an indication that the restraints IDs stored in both the IPC and SDM do not match or that the VINs stored in both the IPC and SDM do not match. Then asks in the diagnostics if the IPC or PCM was replaced....hope this helps. Since it's a history/immature code maybe it doesn't mean anything?
Old 07-30-2007, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have no idea. the SES light was not on once before i put in the heads/cam, etc. i started the car and 15 minutes later i get this code...
Old 09-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm bringing this thread back because I have the same exact problem. I'm using HP Tuners. I'm getting the same codes and the same components (evap, O2, O2 heater) are shown incomplete. When I clear the codes they come back instantly. The only recent modifications i have done to the car was change the spark plugs and I installed a short throw shifter. I highly doubt that would cause this. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Ryan
Old 09-23-2009, 02:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1BAD_Z28
I'm bringing this thread back because I have the same exact problem. I'm using HP Tuners. I'm getting the same codes and the same components (evap, O2, O2 heater) are shown incomplete. When I clear the codes they come back instantly. The only recent modifications i have done to the car was change the spark plugs and I installed a short throw shifter. I highly doubt that would cause this. Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Ryan
When you clear the codes, it resets those readiness tests and they'll all show incomplete. But some complete instantly when you start the car.

Evap is a bitch to get it to pass on it's own...Some cars straight from the factory can never get that to pass. Best bet for that is to go into the DTC list, and set anything pertaining to the EVAP system to "3 - No Error Reported" and it will pass immediately.

As far as the O2 heater and O2 codes, do they say sensor 1 or sensor 2? If they're sensor 2, go into the DTC list and set all codes pertaining to Sensor 2 to "3- No Error Reported". They'll instantly pass the test then...This is great too if you ever delete the cats, since the SES light won't come back on.

If they're for Sensor 1, those are the front O2 sensors. You can do the same thing as above, but I'm not sure if that causes the PCM to stay in Open Loop or Speed Density. If you HAVE to do this to pass emissions, set the DTC to "3 - No Error Reported" right before you go in(Don't clear out the DTC codes or it will reset the other tests and you may not pass). Then set them back to their original setting right after. Putzing the car through the emissions testing center in OL or speed density won't hurt anything.

More than likely those are for Sensor 2 though...Rear sensors. No harm done if you completely disable their codes. Like I said though, if it's Sensor 1, I'm not sure. Maybe someone else knows on here.

And FYI, I passed IL emissions by doing this stuff. Same tests: Evap, Secondary Air Injection, and O2 heater. Changed the DTC error reporting a block away and drove in and passed.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

I'm not worried about passing inspection/emissions. I am just worried about the car running properly. I didn't mention above but this is a H/C full bolt on car.

The evap test always used to pass without a problem.

As far as the rear 02 sensors go, they are turned off (3-no error reported), when doing the test it doesn't tell me what 02 sensor, it displays the same as the other guy posted..

I did re-flash the car recently, before the flash i had just a B1001 code, then after the flash i received the additional U1000 & U1016 codes.

I did research and the B1001 refers to the BCM, and the U*** codes refer to network communication between on board devices. which could be anything...

I attached my current .hpt file if that helps..

Thanks,
Ryan
Attached Files
File Type: hpt
012108-current.hpt (453.8 KB, 467 views)
Old 10-16-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just made my SES light less sensitive due to my cam. it worked for me. since you are a bolt on car, i don't know what the problem would be.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The U codes are nothing. That happens from using HPT because it is connecting/unconnecting to the pcm.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:45 PM
On The Tree

Hi guys, so im bringing this back bc i too have got this code, and so far what ive read is we know what this code is, but doe anyone know how to fix it?
Old 09-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by speedyss
Hi guys, so im bringing this back bc i too have got this code, and so far what ive read is we know what this code is, but doe anyone know how to fix it?
you have the B1001? Is it current or history? I think if its current you would have an air bag light on. Its usually on current because of a missing VIN in the SDM or a wrong VIN number. If its not current and you have no air bag light on then dont worry about it.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

ok, no its history, but is there any way i can get ride of it, or is it affecting anything?
Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Restricted User

bringing this back up, i have a b1001 code for the airbag system, and it is current, not history.

i have reason to believe that something may have been swapped at one point so if the vin doesnt match all the modules how to i fix that issue?
Old 03-07-2016, 06:05 PM
Staging Lane

Bump....

Quick Reply: B1001 What code is this???