Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how does this work?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how does this work?

hello i recently built a new motor with a 4l80e conversion kit and the dyno shop is asking my to put a "big stuff" fuel management system. has anyone ever heard of this?..whats does it do?...do i have to modify anything else? will my stock computor be effected? thanx
Old 08-04-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Big stuff 3 is basicly a whole new engine management system for your car. It completely replaces your stock computer. It is really not necessary until you are running lots of boost with turbos or supercharger but the advantage is its very flexible for tuning for boost and lots of nitrous.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

when you say replaces my stock computer.do you mean that my old one comes out or does this new system just plug in between the computer and the engine?
Old 08-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Completely replaces pretty much means completely replaces.
The Big Stuff 3 is a complete engine management system. You can control your injectors, timing, nitrous, blow off valves, monitor all your engine systems, and I believe it will do data logging as well.
I can't imagine why you'd need that unless you are doing a full tilt racing engine and need complete control of everything, or are converting a non FI car to FI and need a computer to run it.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Tell them to buy it for you. Then their attitude will change. Hp tuners and other software is good enough.