Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injector Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel Injector Tuning

Is the tuning difficulty between Lucas/Delphi and SVO injectors the same, or is one harder to tune than the other. Also, where do you guys get the IFR tables?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:42 PM
10 Second Club

I use the Delphi injectors and only the IFR table was changed for the new injectors. I left the other tables stock and have no problems. There is a IFR calculator in Excel located in the sticky at the top of the section. You can plug in the injector specs and fuel PSI (make sure to load actual psi measured at the fuel rail) for the IFR.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DrkPhx
I use the Delphi injectors and only the IFR table was changed for the new injectors. I left the other tables stock and have no problems. There is a IFR calculator in Excel located in the sticky at the top of the section. You can plug in the injector specs and fuel PSI (make sure to load actual psi measured at the fuel rail) for the IFR.

Thank you sir
Old 08-06-2007, 12:15 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrkPhx

If you don't rework the minimum pulse width, min allowed, and short pulse adders even if your idle is good, your decel will be fat though. The voltage offset table really should be worked on some too.

Personally I like the Lucas a little bit better (as far as tuning), but to each his own I suppose.