Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hp tuners delived trans torque

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 02:39 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default hp tuners delived trans torque

How would this number compare to a dynojet or a mustang dyno? If not accurate is it consistent. (ie. if I add 3lb of boost and it says I gained 40hp is the gain correct but not overall accurate? )

It seems to be on par with what I should be making but would like to get some insight.

Also what it this based off of? Right now im tuning my car for 10lbs of boost and would like to get things mostly set before I go to the dyno to do the final touches on the tune. I have been so far working off graphs I have made from this pid to get it roughly where it needs to be.

thanks
Old 08-09-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

check out the hptuners message board. 12secSS states the figures were something like 94% of what the dyno showed.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10358

with a 47 jet at 1000 psi on my dry nitrous setup, hptuners was trying to tell me i was putting down 486LB... if the 94% applies in this case, i'd be led to believe that my little nitrous hit was producing over 175LB additional torque. i use the torque and horsepower pid's, but i don't go around quoting numbers off of them.

Quick Reply: hp tuners delived trans torque