Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Predator questions

I installed long tubes and high flow cats recently, and then added the stock Predator tune and turned off the rear 02's. The car seems to run smoothly, but it feels slower from off-idle to about 3000 RPMs and it feels like it shifts earlier than the stock tune. Above 3000 RPMs, it runs like an ape with a firecracker up its ***. I don't wanna go in and modify the parameters because I don't know what I'm doing.

Does the Predator change torque converter lockup scenarios? because it feels like my Grand National did when I put the 3400 lock up converter in it. When you're getting all over it, it runs awesome, but if you try just moderately accelerating, it seems to bog down or not want to downshift unless you give it about 3/4 pedal.

I'm not that concerned with improving my ET's or anything, because its not my drag car, but I certainly don't want the car to stay the same or get slower after spending $1200 on headers, exhaust, and tuning
Old 08-10-2007, 09:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

hit up the diablosport.com forums and post this over there.... the diablo guys over there should be able to get you a custom tune made for those LT headers...

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, BMR strut tower brace, Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Custom DiabLew Tune
www.diablewtune.com -- www.diablocustomtune.com -- www.diablocustomtunegm.com