Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need idea my pcm burnt

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need idea my pcm burnt

well last week i was driving my 1998 ls1 vette and i turned it off installed a stereo and when i turned it back on it threw a code. the #3 cylinder misfire. then when i brought it to meineke my computer was fried supposedly. i have the hp tuners program and have a tb headers no cats no o2 sensors. now i need an idea. should i go back to stock and use stock program or poccibly fry my computer again and keep it how it is? if that is the real reason my computer fried
Old 08-11-2007, 10:58 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by watsonsvett
well last week i was driving my 1998 ls1 vette and i turned it off installed a stereo and when i turned it back on it threw a code. the #3 cylinder misfire. then when i brought it to meineke my computer was fried supposedly. i have the hp tuners program and have a tb headers no cats no o2 sensors. now i need an idea. should i go back to stock and use stock program or poccibly fry my computer again and keep it how it is? if that is the real reason my computer fried
First piece of advice, and this is really good advice..

DONT take your corvette to Meineke!

Sorry to say this but i woudnt take thier word on your PCM at all, get it checked out by somebody that has experience with GM PCM's IE a GM tuning shop in your area or a Dealership.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would doubt the pcm would be bad by it throwing a missfire code for cyl 3. did they check the plugs, wires, Injector plug, ect? It is something simple probably.