Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would SD help my setup?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would SD help my setup?

I have been doing a search to learn as much about SD as I can to see if it is what I need on my car. The issue I am having lately is with my car running way rich. Here is my setup:

2002 WS6, Cam only, stock bottom end, Non-Sponsor Single turbo kit w/FMIC, 67mm turbo, progressive methanol injection, 60 lb injectors, wideband O2,

Right now I am running a stock descreened MAF. It was tuned originally to be right around 11.1 AFR. It ran fine for a while but it doesn't get driven but once or twice a weekend. Then I noticed it felt kind of sluggish and the AF on my wideband was pegged at 10:1. I put it on a local mustang dyno to get some #'s and an AF and it was in the high 9's afr. I got my car checked for codes because the SES light was now on and it said Bank 1 Sensor 1 02 sensor. I swapped it out, didn't fix the afr. I swapped the MAF to see if that was the problem and still no change. I took the car back to the tuner and he fixed it and set it back to ~11.5:1 afr. I have driven it maybe 3 times since then. Last night on my way home I rolled into the throttle and even when I bump it up to my high boost setting (9 psi) the afr won't go above 10.5:1 and I saw as low as 10.2:1. I haven't talked to my tuner yet but I am trying to get opinions on whether SD would help my situation. Sorry for the long post I wanted to be as detailed as possible. Thanks.

Kirk
Old 08-19-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

My car was very sluggish after I added the turbo (and had it tuned). I got EFIlive and decided to try on my own. In order to auto VE tune you need to go speed density, I did and just never went back. It was so easy to command the AFR that you wanted when you wanted I just kept it. Car is running better and better as I learn more.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

That sounds a lot like what I need to fix this whole running rich after a few weeks deal. Thanks for the advice man. Anyone else have experience with this?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:09 AM
On The Tree

Well crap now my car is running back in the low 11's Air/fuel. And the plugs look fine. Maybe it's just my wideband. I'm still interested in learning about speed density tho.