Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning or fuel issues?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Tuning or fuel issues?

Here goes. A while back, over 3k miles, I did the cam install. Putted around untuned for a week, drove real conservatively, then got the car tuned. Put down 375hp/361tq at 12.4:1 a/f. Drove the car home, ran AWESOME. Ran top notch for weeks. Recently, however, an issue has come up that is confusing me. I can start the car up after sitting all night, cold start, and it starts perfect, warms up, then falls into idle after a few minutes (I let it go ~5-7 minutes before work, just because I have spare time). So I come back from work after it sat all day (around 8 hours and started great, fell into idle, etc.). So I park the car in my garage, and go out about an hour later. I start it up, barely idles, I have to almost keep it alive similar to how when you FIRST install the cam it is. So when I finally get it out onto the road, it's bucking and surging getting out of my development. When I lean into it and give it more than 1/2 throttle it smooths out. After ~10 minutes of driving, it levels out and is ok. A few days driving home from work on the highway in traffic as I would accellerate gradually then come up on traffic and slow down to stop, it almost died. And tonight after dinner I started it, same ****. Rough start, rough idle, almost died as I turned the wheel to back out of the space. Went to my friend's house, left about 30 minutes later, car started up with the same story, and as I was giving it some gas, revs came up, down, and it died. Had to wait a few minutes, tried again, same ****, and nearly died again. Is this tuning related or what? If it was a fuel issue I would assume it would be BETTER the shorter it sat. Right after I got the car back it was running awesome. Now it's running like crap unless I let it warm up for quite some time in most cases. The cam is not that big either (224/226 on 111LSA). Any ideas? Thanks.

-J
Old 08-25-2007, 09:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...maybe it's neither. Just went out to change the EGR tube gasket and figured what the hell lemme just recheck some intake bolts. The back three were so loose the threads were showing. So I guess an intake leak wouldn't have anything to do with my car's issues

-J