PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

start up trouble.. after tranny cooler install?? what the hell!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default start up trouble.. after tranny cooler install?? what the hell!

Alright, Well I installed my cam (230/236 617"/612" 111lsa+4) and yank ss3600 less than two weeks ago. And got it tuned the next day at MTI in houston. Its been well over a week since the tune and everything seemed to be running good so I planned to head out to the track tonight. I had this transmission cooler waiting to install so we went ahead and installed that last night and everything went smooth.... until i had to start up the car..the damn thing would not start.. 3 trys and then finally i was able to start it by giving it some gas... Now it has NEVER done this before, it took forever for it to keep an idle on its own. I turned it off let it sit for a while then tried to fire her up again, same result.. I finally decided i would try to take a drive around town with my buddy following me incase something happend.... and the car drives with zero problems, its just the intial start up that is killing me. The only thing that I can think of is that this is an issue with the tuning?? The tranny cooler install shouldn't have anything to do with these problems, yet the first time i start it up after the cooler was put on is when i started having problems!!

If anyone has any advice or anything please let me know! I'm so lost right now, I tried calling MTI but everyone was busy. Thank you so much for the help guys, I tried to make everything out as clear as possible.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also i must add that we checked all hoses and sensors to make sure they are secure.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no way that a tranny cooler would cause that, unless you knocked something loose during the install.