PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILive Users & FI, What Gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 07:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default EFILive Users & FI, What Gauges?

Those who use EFI Live on a forced induction application, what gauges are you using? or are you using gauges at all for things such as AFR, Boost, and fuel pressure?

If I get EFI Live I want to be able to log and scan these three parameters. I know EFILive can have 4 inputs but I believe they need to be 0-5volt inputs.

any suggestions?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To log those values, you don't necesarily need guages. All you really need are the appropriate sending units and their ranges. The link in my sig describes setting up fuel pressure for logging. The only difference would be the calc.pid you use for the boost and AFR.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

The links don't work for me

But yeah I understand that I don't necessarily need gauges in order to log but I figured when I'm not logging it would be nice to keep an eye on them.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

I need to track down where the documents moved too. In the mean time, you can access them from the scan or tune tool by clicking Help -> Tutorials
Old 09-04-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Addict

Anyone else have some ideas?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by No Juice
Those who use EFI Live on a forced induction application, what gauges are you using? or are you using gauges at all for things such as AFR, Boost, and fuel pressure?

If I get EFI Live I want to be able to log and scan these three parameters. I know EFILive can have 4 inputs but I believe they need to be 0-5volt inputs.

any suggestions?
You would only need to really use 2. AFR and Fuel Pressure will use one. Pretty much any WB gauge that has a 0-5v out will work (Innovate/FJO). We use a autometer electronic FP gauge while others do just a sending unit. These can tie into Live as well.

You can use a 2 bar MAP and the power of EFILive to make a Boost Gauge. This way you can monitor all three and only have to setup 2.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Black02SS
You would only need to really use 2. AFR and Fuel Pressure will use one. Pretty much any WB gauge that has a 0-5v out will work (Innovate/FJO). We use a autometer electronic FP gauge while others do just a sending unit. These can tie into Live as well.

You can use a 2 bar MAP and the power of EFILive to make a Boost Gauge. This way you can monitor all three and only have to setup 2.

So I can use the Innovate LC-1 with EFILive as well as have a gauge in the car? Same with an Autometer electronic FP gauge?

How do these tie into or wire into the log and scan tools if they are already sending a signal to the gauge?

When these other parameters are scanned or logged, do they show up as an actual reading or just 0-5 volts reading?

I see what you are saying about the boost gauge but does that require to have the EFILive Handheld box in the car all the time?

Do you know if all the Dynotune products work with EFILive?
Old 09-07-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Someone must be using AFR, FP, Boost gauges along with EFILive, right????

Anyone???
Old 09-07-2007, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by No Juice
So I can use the Innovate LC-1 with EFILive as well as have a gauge in the car?
Yes I am doing it

Same with an Autometer electronic FP gauge?
I am just logging the pressure with no gauge, but it should work w/ a gauge

How do these tie into or wire into the log and scan tools if they are already sending a signal to the gauge?
Tap into the line that carries the voltage to the gauge, or an existing secondary fed w/ equipment like the LC-1

When these other parameters are scanned or logged, do they show up as an actual reading or just 0-5 volts reading? You log the voltage and create a Calc PID that converts the voltage to the reading you want

I see what you are saying about the boost gauge but does that require to have the EFILive Handheld box in the car all the time?

Do you know if all the Dynotune products work with EFILive?
The LC-1 does for sure