Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air/Fuel way off need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air/Fuel way off need help

I got my car dyno'ed yesterday and here is the sheet. Something is deff. wrong here. The guy had the meter in my tailpipe. Is this the reason it is off. I called my tuner and he said it shouldn't be that way. Any help will be appreciated. My car doesn't have any ping's or anything like that. It seems to be running great.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:29 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 430 Likes on 306 Posts

Don't worry too much about the A/F reading. It is OBVIOUSLY wrong. If your A/F was that bad, your motor would have probably blown up on the dyno. In the unlikely event that you didn't melt a piston, you wouldn't have dynoed over 300rwhp with that air/fuel ratio.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gametech
Don't worry too much about the A/F reading. It is OBVIOUSLY wrong. If your A/F was that bad, your motor would have probably blown up on the dyno. In the unlikely event that you didn't melt a piston, you wouldn't have dynoed over 300rwhp with that air/fuel ratio.
I agree.. tailpipe widebands are prone to reading the air outside, or getting false reading from small exhaust leaks..

Edit... your car has cats! a tailpipe wideband will not read correctly regardless. Widebands need to be installed before the cats to work correctly.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 PM
11 Second Club

I figured that's what it was.