Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

computer case

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default computer case

i am having a problem with the check guages lite the lite came on the other day and the amp guage went into the red. is the computer case suposed to have 12v. i am thinking not . i replaced the alt with no avail. just for giggles i touched the comp case witk the fluck meter and it read 12v at the case., any ideas. the camaro was wrecked hard right where the computer is suposed to sit and the speedo values tire size and gear ratio will not stay in the reflash. i have another comp coming with my program done. any ideas
Old 09-28-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like the regulator is bad
Old 09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Teching In

the alt checkes out good. i think it is the computer still bad got another computer comig from speed sceen. i still wonder about the 12 v coming off the case?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think the case (outer shell) is supposed to be hot (electrically speaking).

Sounds like something came loose in there.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

If he touched one lead to the positive battery and then to the pcm case to the untrained it will be 12volts. However all it did was ground through the pcm case to provide the reading of 12v volts. There is no way the case can have 12v all of the pcms internal grounds come in contact with the case at one point or another and it would blow every fuse if the panel that is pcm related. Computer may be a good starting point if it took a solid wack in a collision. Post back with how it works or doesnt afterwards. We'll try to give you a hand.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:09 AM
Teching In

i messed with alittle tonight but still not right . the comp took a hard hit it was in the dash the new comp should be here next week. thanks for the info