PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I killed my PCM... HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I killed my PCM... HELP!

I was just doing a few minor tweaks to the idle speeds, speedo recal for different tires, nothing major or really absolutely necessary. I get EFI-Live connected to my PCM I run a test load to the PCM and everything goes just hunky-dory. I then proceed to write the calibration to the PCM and in about 15 seconds... POOF! EFI-Live says connection to the PCM was lost and that the PCM is in an unknown state! I can't reconnect to it with the scan tool or the tuning tool, it simply says "PCM not found". The car cranks normal but the fuel pump does not come on. Did I kill my PCM? Would this be a good time to rewire the connectors for a 99+ PCM? This really sucks because I have done this plenty of times, and it chooses a simple time like this to take a crap on me.

Nick
Old 10-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just leave it for a while, go have some dinner, and come back to it, and it will probably be ok. I've had it happen to me just like that. Scared the **** outta me. You know, customers car. After a while, it all came back, and the car acted like nothing ever happened. I've had it happen a couple times.
The good part about hpt or efilive, is they only flash the calibration, so you're not doing a complete rewrite, which is more likely to kill the pcm if something does happen in the middle of a flash. As long as you were only doing a cal flash, you should be OK.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, that's exactly what I did. I left the battery unhooked for about 20 minutes and the car started right up and idled perfect. I then re-flashed with the new program and it worked great this time. Thanks!