PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can custom tune in the PCM be saved to my Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Can custom tune in the PCM be saved to my Predator?

My car came with a Predator hand held, and I did a mail order tune from RWTD and loaded it with the Predator shortly after I got the car, but I recently had some tuning modifications done by a local vendor using EFI Edit. How do I get the tune that is currently in the PCM into my Predator? If I restore the PCM to the original OEM tune with the Predator, will the tune in the PCM over-write the performance tune that is in the Predator currently? Or will the Predator just reflash the PCM with the original tune and dump the tune that currently in the PCM without saving it to the Predator?

The reason I ask is that I just changed rear end gear ratio and tire size, and I want to correct this myself with the Predator, but I already learned the hard way once (and had to go back to get it corrected) that if I use the Predator to change anything, it apparently makes the updates to the Performance tune in the Predator and then reflashes the PCM with the updated file in the Predator, thereby overwriting the latest tune in the PCM with an older revision tune with the updates I just made.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is (or used to be) a program on the Diablosporttuning.com
site that modifies the Predator for use with their custom tune
procedure, it then will just load & modify what it finds there
and not try to "Install Performance" anymore, but let you bump
up & down about that new "center point". Go check if that is
still available.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You are in a tough spot.
Had you restored the backup with the Predator BEFORE having a new tune done, the Predator would be able to save the current custom tune as a backup file, and allowed you to modify it.
As it sits, you would need to restore the backup with the Predator, reapply the custom tune, then let the Predator save it as the new backup file.

Let me know if you have any issues.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Teching In

The only difference between the file in the Predator vs the PCM is that the file in the PCM was edited once (the AIR codes are removed and the skip shift light is turned off). The file in the Predator is only one revision old, and the Predator was used to flash that file to the PCM, and since then it's been edited once.

I'll look on DiabloSport to see if the instructions are still there...

Thanks...

Quick Reply: Can custom tune in the PCM be saved to my Predator?