PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of questions for you seasoned vets...

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A couple of questions for you seasoned vets...

I have a 2007 Trailblazer SS with a Vector CAI. I've been playing with this program for several weeks now, and I've been through several iterations with the tune I've been working. I have a basic understanding of a lot of the concepts, but a mastery of none, to be sure. Thus, I have a couple of questions:

1) What is a good methodolgy for tweaking the ignition advance tables. I mean, any yahoo can add advance across the board, but nobody really has time to change a cell here and a cell there and make runs to see what the KR does. That would take years. What am I missing?

2) How much torque management to remove? I took it all out just to see, and I felt pain in my soul when the thing changed gears and it felt like the chassis was going to rip off the frame. I mean yeah, it was cool, but painful none the less. So I put some back until it felt reasonable. Other than not going beyond what "feels right", what guidelines can I go by?

3) There are several areas in the params where you can enable/disable "features" like FlexFuel and DOD. Last I knew, my truck doesn't posses these "features". It's probably a stupid question, but can something like DOD be "enabled" just by setting the values and turning it on?

4) I attached the log, but the tune itself is bigger than the forum allows, so I couldn't upload that one. Any other helpful hints anyone can offer after checking out what I've got so far would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Zac
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
ZacTune3.hpl (136.4 KB, 52 views)