PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

someone plz help lead to the solution of this one:

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default someone plz help lead to the solution of this one:

ok, i posted in the internal section as well with something similar to this thread...so here goes.
did a cam/head/intake/header and exhaust swap..a lot to do at once..anyways, i had the computer tuned in accordance so it would have good driveability to get to the dyno
ok..so i have everything together go and fire it up, and it was having some problems idleing..so we drilled a bigger hole in the throttle body plate to let more air in and eventually got it to idle decently. the next wknd i come back and start it..and it struggled at like 500 rpms (no business being there neways) and then randomly revs itself to 4 thousand...so i check for vacuum leaks around the intake and find that i had left the sensor that goes into the back of the intake off my new ls6 manifold...so i was releved and i put it in and put the motor together again and fire it up...
now the situation: after putting that sensor in, it now would "idle" steady at 2 to 2.5 thousand rpms..and the headers glew orange...indicating its running lean. turn her off and think..could this be bc of the much larger hole in the throttle body that we had to sort of compensate for a vacuum leak that i was unaware of? there is no way that intake has a vacuum leak i torqued those bolts down correctly dammit lol.
next day i go out and start it and it runs at around 2 to 2.5 thousand steady..
turn it off, start it again...now it will jump sporatically to 3 or 4...i never let it run to see if we could get orange headers again.

so...sorry for the length of the thread, but the more you know the more you can help....what could this be? i deleted AIR and EGR systems, their are few vacuum areas that would cause that.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Launching!

why would you drill in the throttle body plate???

Sounds to me like that could be your problem.... install another Throttle body in temporarily to see if is....
Old 10-29-2007, 03:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by exit
why would you drill in the throttle body plate???

Sounds to me like that could be your problem.... install another Throttle body in temporarily to see if is....

because once you open the blade with the screw past a certain point, it won't reset to 0%TPS. This happens at about 4-5% TPS>OEM. Once you reach this point, if there isn't enough air to get the IAC in the range of 60ish counts hot then you must drill the blade for extra airflow.

to the OP, what were your IAC counts? I maybe missing something (like you logging IAC) but if not, why on earth would you just jump to drilling? Try closing the TB set screw up a full turn and reset TPS and see if that helps.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:35 PM

agreed agreed, im all over all this stuff as far as buying a different TB...definetly..the fellow that tuned the computer indicated to me that i would need to drill a larger hole for my mods and how he set the idle, he didnt specify how large...he tuned the computer in its entirety, i did not.

so the intermittant surging by the computer is most likely a vacuum leak of sorts as to my thinking...something i can fix rather than having him tune it out?