PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced Power Mode....................

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Reduced Power Mode....................

I was logging my car today and went to open throttle to try and log the boost VE table and the car went into Reduced Power Mode. I have EfiLive COS3 OS in my car. It happened twice, and the first time I thought that it was because I forgot to shut off the traction control, but the second time, TC was off and it still came up. I'm pretty lost as to what might have caused this.

If this happens, do you just reload the tune or is there an easier/better way to do it? I pulled into a parking lot and reloaded the tune.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the mods on the car? If boosted you will need to raise the predicted max airflow tables so the computer doesn't go into reduced power when it sees more air than it is wanting.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by John02SS
What are the mods on the car? If boosted you will need to raise the predicted max airflow tables so the computer doesn't go into reduced power when it sees more air than it is wanting.
Thanks John02SS!

The car has an intercooled Vortech SQ V2 blower on it with all of the accompanying mods (headers, exhaust, alky on a stock long block), built A4, SY3500, 3.42, etc.

I raised the C6101 table to 2500 all across the board, but think that I'm going to put the stock one back in and raise it by 200%.

Thanks again!