Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous Control w/ EFI Live

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous Control w/ EFI Live

I have searched and have not found any thread answering the questions directly.

Here is what I'm trying to do. I want to install a dry nitrous kit on my LS1, and control the fuel and timing via the PCM. I have 60 lb/hr injectors, and am currently sitting at ~48% duty cycle, so I have more than enough injector left. I also want to trigger the nitrous through the PCM.

Questions are.

1. Is there a nitrous trigger or user definable output in EFI live that can be wired up to the PCM. I'd like it to be faily sophosticated. I'd like it to work similar to a window switch on RPM, have a throttle window that it will activate, and possibly a few other criteria, maybe even AFR from my wideband.

2. I'd also like to wire in a feedback signal to the PCM. This one will be active when the nitrous solenoid has been triggered. This will tell the PCM that nitrous is spraying. When this signal has been received, I'd like the PCM to pull timing, adn add fuel. I'm not sure how this is done, if its done via a VE modification, or PE modification, or what. Also, I'd like it to pull timing. Again, not sure how it would be done, whether there will be another complete set of maps, or it pulls a set number of degrees, or how exactly it works.

3. I have a 2004 GTO ECU, so its a 1MB flash, and cannot use COS5, since its not available at the time. Looks like only COS3 is available to me. Does COS3 have the capabilities to do what I"m wanting to do?

Thanks in advance for any help getting this all setup.