Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help huge problem!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 01:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help huge problem!

I am having problems with my car in other ways you may be able to tell me something about. It is very weird but if i have my a/c or heat on my car won't aferfire at all but if i dont have it on everytime I let off the gas aboe 1800 rpm it starts afterfiring like crazy! I dont know whats gonig on, also I have a powerful sounds system and after playing it, the car wont drive/accelerate as well. The guys who put in my engine were looking at it to try and fix it and noticed the voltage was jumping or sometimes reading low when the car was hot. Any suggestions, I am lost with this and I am sick of bringing it back to these people.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00PEWTERmaroz28
I am having problems with my car in other ways you may be able to tell me something about. It is very weird but if i have my a/c or heat on my car won't aferfire at all but if i dont have it on everytime I let off the gas aboe 1800 rpm it starts afterfiring like crazy! I dont know whats gonig on, also I have a powerful sounds system and after playing it, the car wont drive/accelerate as well. The guys who put in my engine were looking at it to try and fix it and noticed the voltage was jumping or sometimes reading low when the car was hot. Any suggestions, I am lost with this and I am sick of bringing it back to these people.
What is afterfiring?

Are you talking about turning off the ignition the car wants to keep running for a couple of seconds?

Sounds to me like you had some wrench monkeys working on your car and that is why it is messed up.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think he means backfiring and yes your car will run like crap if the proper voltage is not being supplied to the motor.Have your charging system checked out thoroughly.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Staging Lane

Yes I do mean back firing, I had just heard somewhere else that it was called afterfire. And I am preety sure they did a good job on the engine, but when i went to get my a/c fixed all hell broke loose. All these problems started occuring.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

well ok now you say its backfiring is it backfiring out the intake or the exhaust?
Old 12-08-2007, 11:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Look for a vacuum leak under the dash, somewhere the climate
control routes vacuum (= intake air leak) when active.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Staging Lane

It sounds like it is backfiring in the exhaust.