PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ms3, diablo, stalling... anything i can do?

Old 12-08-2007, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ms3, diablo, stalling... anything i can do?

Ok first stop laughing. . .

00'
A4

we just got done with the ms3 and upgraded valvetrain install and I understand that I need to hop on a dyno and let someone with some real soft wear tune this thing but for now is there anything i can do to get this thing to idle at all for now? i have the idle on the predator turned all the way up and i have the butterfly on the t.b. cracked, still wont idle. it also drives a bit sluggish normal driving... wot she pulls pretty hard though.

Last edited by auto4dad; 12-08-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you got a stall? You need to set the idle up to the 900 range and the fuel will probably need to be cut down a little down low until you can get a good tune. It will probably learn idle out itself, to an extent that is. Good luck!
Old 12-09-2007, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by RZRSEDGE
Have you got a stall? You need to set the idle up to the 900 range and the fuel will probably need to be cut down a little down low until you can get a good tune. It will probably learn idle out itself, to an extent that is. Good luck!
yes i have a yank 3600. . . and your right it was VERY rich, I run open headers with turn downs and I could see the fuel coming out from under the car by the door. I have since found I can make it idle perfect if a pull enough fuel using the "injector slope" feature with the hand held but then it leans it out so much while normal driving that it doesn't work out... I think the predator could probably do the job (some what) if it had a better base tune in it but I'm just gonna have to get this thing tuned on a dyno with someone that has more options. its almost like the fuel pressure is to high. If I make it think it has huge injectors to squirt less fuel, it will idle fine, but then there is not enough fuel to drive it safely.
Old 12-10-2007, 09:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, you need tuning software so you can tune the individual areas one by one instead of tuning a certain percentage across the board. Dyno tune sounds like your best bet; but you could also pick up the software and try your hand at tuning yourself. I know next to nothing about tuning but there is a lot of good info on this site and HP tuners site if you decide to go this route. I hear EFIlive has a good product and support also. I only know of HP tuners first hand and highly recommend it. But yeah, at least get a good dyno tune. I think you'll like the cam when it's all said and done. On a side note, why the small converter; gonna spray it?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by auto4dad
Ok first stop laughing. . .

00'
A4

we just got done with the ms3 and upgraded valvetrain install and I understand that I need to hop on a dyno and let someone with some real soft wear tune this thing but for now is there anything i can do to get this thing to idle at all for now? i have the idle on the predator turned all the way up and i have the butterfly on the t.b. cracked, still wont idle. it also drives a bit sluggish normal driving... wot she pulls pretty hard though.
Hey, I'm back from Orlando, shoot me an email and we'll get you set up for this weekend on the dyno.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:06 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sprayjunkie
Hey, I'm back from Orlando, shoot me an email and we'll get you set up for this weekend on the dyno.
I'll see you guys sat.

Originally Posted by RZRSEDGE
I think you'll like the cam when it's all said and done. On a side note, why the small converter; gonna spray it?
Yes, she went 10.90 going into overdrive on the stock cam on a 150 shot. hoping for 10.50's or better once the cam is tuned. Not going into overdrive should help alot, not tomention the extra power from the ms3.

. . .In refrence to the orginal topic, johan sent me another tune and she idles now. sounds outstanding. Thanks for all the help guys.

Search this Thread